Monday 20 June 2011

storm in a tipi

As I sit here typing it is slashing down with rain out side and I'm glad I'm in my cosy, secure, watertight home. Unlike the night of my brother-in-law's wedding. We were due to sleep in a fabulous looking tipi, but when the heavens opened and an immense thunderstorm erupted at 11.00 at night we were kicked out of bed by water, pouring in through the top. Thankfully there were pop up tents to hand and we ended up sleeping in tents inside our tipi! The children found this thoroughly hilarious!

Despite this mishap the wedding (for which I was making all that bunting) was beautiful. The setting was a rural country idyll, with chickens, geese and ducks running a muck amidst the wedding guests.

Right from the outset it was inevitable that this was going to be a beautiful wedding. Their shop Holly Anna is a treasure trove full of useful props and with their eye for detail I knew it would be a visual feast.



Talking of feasts, the food was impressive too. There was a constant, rolling supply of food and drink throughout the day, including this fantastic creperie. Obviously the children loved the chocolate and strawberry ones and quickly ended up smothered in the stuff.

And in keeping with the bride's colour theme (she loves pink, which is why she gets on well with our little girl!) we had even managed to source some pink Prosecco. Perfect for drinking in the dappled shade of an apple tree.


Guests danced the night away to an Irish band, and while we slipped off early(ish) to put the children to bed and for our storm in a tipi drama, the revelling continued, enhanced by the thunder.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks just gorgeous! And the bunting is amazing too. I had my 30th birthday in a tipi field and we all left smelling of woodsmoke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stunning and yes I am not surprised that it is stylish as I have visited their shop and even spoke of you so I knew the connection! Such a shame about the rain but glad it didn't dampen your spirits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully styled wedding party. I know their shop well, having visited it several times - I always come away with something gorgeous! M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic styling! looks like a fun fairytale day!

    ReplyDelete