Sunday 22 May 2011

scrap bags




jo and i have been busy making hardaker & pope scrap bags for the forthcoming vintage handmade fair


















they are quite time consuming as we are both awful perfectionists and like them to be filled with the kind of delights that we love!!
anyway here are a few to wet your appetite and if you can't make it to vintage handmade (you should come it is a great day out - and a bit like being let loose in a sweetie shop) then contact us and we are happy to post them out.





the husbands just 'don't get it' they cannot appreciate little bags of loveliness and want to know the exact purpose for them....... we say they don't have to have a purpose, but their uses are endless ..................

dollmaking, scrapbooking, patchwork,  little gifts, heirloom treasures,  little pictures, cardmaking the list is endless,  what do you use your little bits of fabric for? let us know in the comments and go into a draw to win one of our lovely scrapbags .



8 comments:

  1. Oooh! Those are DELICIOUS! I use mine for making gift tags, bunting and, since I have recently taken up millinery, I use my fabric scraps for making HATS! I'd be thrilled to win one of those little bags of loveliness!

    Hope the fair goes well-- wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am loving the 3rd one with the chocolate velvet ribbon & the duck egg buttons together with the sweet birdie tag......all such gorgeousness! Hope to see you at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why they take you a long time to put together - they are gorgeous scrap bags (how can you call them Scrap!!??) and I would love to win one.
    My scraps are used for making and lining my needlebooks and pincushions. Sometimes I take bags full into my Adult Education classes for the students to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These bags are a delight .............. like everyone I have lots of uses for my scraps but the joy of them has to come from storing them in my 'odds and ends' box so that me and and my daughter can constantly look through them and have the lovely memories of where the scraps came from. It's amazing how you remember the history of each piece of fabric and always feel sad if you use the very last piece for a project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Men so don't get it! They look fab, I'd definitely buy some. (PS You know what I use them for!) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These 'scrap' bags are gorgeous. I love the third one (chocolate and browns). If I'm not lucky enough to win one and don't get to the Fair, how much are you selling them for? I love to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scrap bags look yummy!
    I'm making needle cases at the moment and trimming them with bits and pieces so one of these would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could find plenty uses for these little bags of loveliness...I'd so love to get my hands on one. I'm thinking little sachets, gift cards, applique...and more

    ReplyDelete