Thursday 24 March 2011

air your dirty laundry


Like birds on a telegraph wire I find something rather satisfying about cloths hung on a washing line. I don't mean grubby string vests on a rotary stand but linen sheets on a line between two apple trees or rustic Italian balconies laden with geraniums and laundry swaying gently in the breeze.

I also love the smell of washing dried on the line so I've been making the most of the good weather and using it as an opportunity to get on top of all my laundry. But the girls have wanted their own washing line for dolls clothes. We dug out all the tiny dolls clothes, but decided we didn't have enough so I had to make some more.



So here our little Maileg Mouse has crawled out of her match box and is wearing her new homemade-best-dress to air her dirty laundry!

3 comments:

  1. That's so sweet, love the little mouse. And air-dryed laundry is another one of those pleasures that make spring something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures, mouse is so cute, I want her, I'll even do her washing :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little mouse is lovely. I totally agree washing dried on the line smell great.

    ReplyDelete