Sunday 30 January 2011

flower power


Last week I did something I didn't ever think I would do! After the debacle of snow cutting short Baby's Teddy Bear's tea party last year I decided to avoid entertaining at home for her 3rd birthday party. The problem is that there is not a huge choice of venues for toddlers parties in the middle of winter so I ended up apologising to the mum's as I invited 9 little girls to join baby at a soft play centre. However I do have to eat my hat slightly as, of course, the girls all loved it and it was so easy to organise.

Me being me I did have to have a few homemade touches though. Rather than use the invites provided I made my own. Baby wanted a princess pink party so I blew up a load of pink balloons, made some princess hats for them to wear whilst eating their party lunch, of course there were princess pink fairy cakes and I sent them all home with a flower lollipop. These lollipops were a huge success, even before the children realised that they were actually edible. I've been wanting to make them ever since I saw them in a Martha Stewart Kids Craft book Sarah brought me back from the US ages ago



To make them yourself:

Cover the lollipop in paper

Cut out 4 heart shaped petals (roughly 2 inches x 1 inch) and punch a hole in the V of each heart

Push the lollipop sticks through the holes and arrange the petals and glue them in place

2 comments:

  1. How funny, I'm going to be posting a tutorial on little flowers very similar to these tomorrow. I have a picture of them already on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea, really simple and easy to make, love it!

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete