Saturday 28 November 2009

kate loveday exhibition

As you may already know from my feature on decor8 'my favourite things' Kate Loveday is one of my most favourite artists. Some of you may recognise her name as her beautiful Gloucestershire home was featured in Country Living magazine a couple of summers ago. It is a house to covet!! Kate has an amazing eyes for colour which is manifested in the beautiful still life vignettes aroud her home and on in to her paintings. She opens her house filled with paintings as part of the Stroud open studios each june, and is an event jo and I look forward to each year.

In fact i must stop being jealous of Jo's lovely Cleo Mussi hand because I have a Kate Loveday still life which makes me smile on a daily basis, it is a painting which radiates sunshine and happiness. Anyway this year Kate is having a gallery exhibition which starts today in Stroud. So if you are around pop in and see why Jo and I are such fans. My scan of the poster doesn't really do justice to Kates wonderful suble blends of colour




No comments:

Post a Comment