Friday 24 July 2009

Studio seven - again

A month or so ago Sarah and I were raving about Studio Seven and their Cut 2 on Fold exhibition that was part of the Stroud Textile Festival. It was also the preparatory work for an 'Installation' at The Old Rectory in Quennington, and just before we went away I spent the most glorious evening with my mother-in-law viewing the final piece.

The gardens are the most wonderful setting for the Installations that were dotted around the grounds and performed at regular intervals so you could wander at leisure from one to another, enjoying a glass of wine. We were really lucky to have a fantastically sunny evening, it was British Summertime at it's best. What was really intriguing about this event was that the biennial Freshair sculpture exhibition was on as well. This meant that alongside the textile installations were amazing contemporary sculptures, and both worked really well in the setting.

Unfortunately, I'm still not used to carrying a camera with me all the time so I had to use my mother-in-law's mobile phone for these pictures....

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sarah
    I would love to have gone to this event this year as my friend, artist Edwina Bridgeman had some of her work installed there.
    It is a fabulous setting and I have fond memories of my last visit.

    ReplyDelete